Welcome to HK Account Q&A. (DISCLAIMER: All information provided on this website is for self-reference only. We are not responsible for any decisions made, financial or otherwise, based on information or links provided by us. We do not guarantee the accuracy of the information. Readers are reminded that you use such information and materials entirely at your own risk. Web editor gives no warranty and accepts no responsibility or liability for the accuracy or the completeness of the information and materials contained in this website. Under no circumstances will this web's editor be held responsible or liable in any way for any claims, damages, losses, expenses, costs or liabilities whatsoever resulting or arising directly or indirectly from readers' reliance on the information and materials on this website.)
0 votes

Can request IRD to provide a copies of their records, if any, with copying charges of around HK$ 1.2 per sheet.

The request can be in the form of email to: taxpf@ird.gov.hk

asked by (10.4k points)

2 Answers

0 votes

Letter template (done by manually submit to IRD at 1st floor of IRD tower):

[ABC Company Limited]

Request for Copy of Profit Tax Return, tax computation and audited financial statements for Y/A [20XX/XX & 20MM/MM]

I would like to inform you that I have been appointed as the tax representative of [ABC Company Limited] with immediate effect and would like to confirm that I have obtained written authorization from the above-mentioned client to act on its behalf for the purposes of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Upon termination of authorization agreement with this client, I shall inform IRD about the termination immediately.


A copy of the written authorization from this client is attached to this letter. Please update your records accordingly.


I, on behalf of my client, would like to request for a copy of Profit Tax Return, tax computation and audited financial statements for Y/A [20XX/XX & 20MM/MM].


Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact me by phone [9876 5432].

 Yours faithfully

answered by (10.4k points)
0 votes

Sample for IRD's reply:

answered by (10.4k points)